Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Samples of my History

In a nation where everyone seems to be buying the best and newest photography gear and even the cheaper gear can do amazing things it seems surprising that the professional photographer even still exists. However, what most don't realize is that all those people with their fancy cameras most of the time don't know how to take good pictures. It takes more than just a fancy camera to take great pictures. That why I believe that those professionals will never completely be obsolete. They know how to not just see a photographic moment but to be able to capture it in it's wonder.

So where does that place me? One might say that I am just that guy who picked up the camera and started shooting without knowing what an f-stop is, or others might say that I must be a professional. The truth is that I did start as "that guy". The one who just had a camera (actually it was the parents camera) and I took pictures. Yet since those days I have continued to learn and explore this world of creating images. That journey has taken me to weddings, photoshoots, and more. It has taken me most of the way around the web searching for more information on how to get better at photography. It has taken me to conversations with friends who know more. I am far from being a professional and even when this passion becomes my job I will never stop learning from others.

On a blog where my sole purpose is to express my photographic work it seems almost ironic that I would start by writing. Pictures, which are roughly equivalent to a thousand words, will no doubtingly say more than I would or can say. So with enough of my own talk I will let my photographs do the talking and let those who see them determine what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment